This is one of those nights where the last thing I want to do is blog, which is why I know I need to. Nixon has had a really rough night, maybe a tummy ache?  He has been wailing for the last hour. And he has spit up pretty much everything we have fed him. Three burp cloths down. I got him calmed down long enough to read him a couple books. It is fun to see him look at the pictures! 
Today Chris and I went to Rice Lake to take care of some bank stuff and go to Wal Mart. We also went in to Herbergers, a department store out here, for Chris to get some new pants. Nix was a great traveler for the most part! 
As I think about the positives today, I realize that there were a lot!
1. Chris didn't have to get up early for work. 
2. Like I mentioned before, we went to Rice Lake. It is nice to get out of the house and go there, even if it is for things like WalMart and Applebee's. 
3. When we got back, there was a snowshoe hare running across our driveway. I love wildlife and it was fun to see an animal right by our house, and even nicer that it was much less scary than a bear!
4. We got our family Christmas shopping done. That's one nice thing about having to ship stuff. You have to get it done a little early. Now I just have to worry about a stocking for Chris and a few little things for Nix. 
5. I made dinner for the fourth night in a row. Now I can PROMISE that is not something that has ever happened in our marriage. 
6. The Sing Off was on tonight! Really the only singing competition I like. Hopefully we can still watch it on our DVR, since Nix was melting down during it. 
7. After going back and forth between Chris and I, and a short prayer, I finally had the idea to take Nixon into the bathroom and turn on the bath. My mom told me while she was here that she took him in there one night when he was fussy and it helped him. I wasn't sure if I was going to put him in it or not, and it turns out I didn't need to. He quickly calmed down and within maybe 20 minutes he fell asleep. I now have a perfect sleeping baby in my arms. 

Wish me luck tonight!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on Rube-ster

Ruby's Surgery

What do I believe?