I guess I took a couple days off. Not that there were no positives, cause they were good days! Here are some highlights:
1. It was the weekend!
2. The sky was blue! I don't remember any blue sky days since we have been here and even though it came with 6-7 inches of snow, I will take it!
3. Speaking of the snowstorm, after attempting to shovel our driveway and not getting very far with a snow shovel, we went and bought a snowblower. We are official Wisconsin-ites!
 4. We hung out with some friends Friday night and played games. I love that we have friends! 
5. Nixon slept in his pack-n-play all night last night and did really well! I slept really well too, since I didn't feel him every time he moved or flinched. We are trying it again tonight. So far, so good! (It has only been about 10 minutes though)
6. I saw three deer in our backyard!
7. This is a weird one, but Nixon actually held on to a rattle tonight. Anyone without kids (and probably most with kids) probably don't get why this is exciting to me. I am just loving seeing progress Nix is making! And although it is a little thing, I have been trying to get him to do it for a while and he finally can! 
8. I taught my lesson in relief society today. It was a positive to teach it since I learned a lot but it is just as much, if not more, a positive to have it done. I'm sure I will get that opportunity quite a bit though. 
Well there you have it. I guess it is safe to say this place is growing on me. Does that mean I am ready to be away from family forever? Absolutely not! What it does mean, though, is that I can enjoy the time we do have here and the people we are able to meet! 
One more thing, just so I don't forget it. One of the sisters in relief society mentioned a quote that I need to work on. She said "what if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?" I need to do better at thanking Heavenly Father for all of the blessings he is constantly giving me. After listing my positives for the last couple weeks, it has become more and more clear that he blesses me in so many ways. 
Here is a big blessing!

Comments

  1. I'm loving your blog!! I'm happy to have another friend on blogspot :) it's so fun to read about your experiences being away from home and how they are similar to ours. We can't wait until we get to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Update on Rube-ster

Ruby's Surgery

What do I believe?