Back to the blog

 It is time for me to get back into the blog scene, now that we have moved away from family. Let's be honest though. This is more for me and my sanity. When we decided to move here, I was so excited for this awesome adventure. I figured I would miss my family but had no idea the magnitude to which I would struggle. The goodbyes in Utah were hard. Saying goodbye to siblings and nieces and nephews hurt big time. After all, I saw these people at the very least every other week at Sunday dinner, but usually I saw them much more often than that. So the goodbyes, mixed with postpartum hormones and lack of sleep due to Mr. Nixon, made for some major tearful times. Then we got here. My parents and Chris's mom helped drive out here so I could fly with Nix. We got ourselves mostly moved in on the first day, thanks to all the help. Friday we got some more stuff done and before we knew it, Saturday was here and it was time for my dad to leave. To that point, that was the hardest goodbye. The very next day Chris's mom had to leave. That one was extra hard because,not only would I miss Mary, but I knew Chris was having a hard time with it. Fortunately, we had what seemed at the time like an eternity before we had to say goodby to my mom. She wasn't leaving until the following Saturday. During the week she cleaned, did laundry, helped with Nixon, did errands, made dinner, and did dishes (that's just a short list). Definitely didn't help when it came to saying bye. The week flew and this morning came. I did pretty well at just not thinking about it. We have a 2+ hour drive to the airport from our house. When we got to the airport, I lost it a little bit. Had I driven myself, I would have pulled in and hopped on the plane with her. Fortunately (?) Chris was with me and I figured that wouldn't be ok with him. We were smart and decided to go to the Mall of America after we dropped her off as a distraction. And a great distraction it was! If you haven't been there, go! We made it part way around one floor and I was overwhelmed! It was just what I needed to hold off the tears. After that, we made the trek back home and since then I have only had a couple break downs. 

Ok, so after that long introduction, I decided a few days ago that to deal with being away from family and to ward off any depression that comes along with it I need to focus on the positive things that happen. I still have my awesome husband and an adorable baby and I need to remember that I have a lot to be thankful for. Spooner is a great place from what I have seen so I don't want to dampen any good times by dwelling on the distance between us and Utah. 

My goal is to come up with a minimum of three positives each day. I will try to list them here but know I will miss some days and don't want that to discourage me. 
Today's positives are:
1. Nixon slept a five hour stretch last night!
2. Mall of America
3. Save drive home
4. Nixon slept the whole way home
5. Watched some of our shows from this week. 

These posts will hopefully be fun to look back on in a little while when I get the hang of living here. 

Here is Nixon after throwing a huge tantrum at Buffalo Wild Wings. He has his sweet moments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on Rube-ster

Ruby's Surgery

What do I believe?