Merry Christmas!

There is one positive right there! Just the fact that it is Christmas is good! Of course, it was a hard day at the same time. Christmas without our family nearby is just not the same. We got presents and were able to FaceTime with most of our family but it isn't quite the same. But this is the whole reason for my daily positives. I don't want to dwell on what we are missing. So here are some of today's highlights:
1. Chris took Nixon so I could get some extra rest this morning. 
2. I have an extremely thoughtful husband who is great at giving gifts. I hope each year that he doesn't feel ripped off. He got me a kindle this year! It is perfect to use while nursing!
3. Our families spoiled Nixon. We hardly got him anything (a rattle, a couple of books and a Spooner shirt to match his cousins) but he still hit the jackpot! Lots of books, toys, and clothes!
4. We didn't starve! I made breakfast pizza for breakfast (my family's tradition) and Chris made steaks for dinner. And it is nice to know if we run out of food in the next year, we have a cupboard FULL of candy!
5. Like I said before, FaceTime. It made us feel just a little more like we were there  with our families when we can talk face to face with them. 
6. We survived. When I found out We wouldn't be going home for Christmas, I cried. I kept thinking something would change with Chris's work so we could go home because I just couldn't imagine being away. But we did and we made it and even managed to have a little fun! 
7. It was relaxing. When I got married, Christmas became a very busy, sometimes overwhelming, day. It is not easy to coordinate schedules on both sides and to try to give each side an equal amount of time. We didn't have that today. We woke up when we wanted to, watched tv and opened gifts throughout the day. Of course, the busy, overwhelming day is worth it to be with everyone, but there was a bright side to being here. 
Little man was even able to stick to his schedule (well, what little pieces of a schedule we have)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on Rube-ster

Ruby's Surgery

What do I believe?