Happy New Year! (Written New Years Eve)

2014 has been a whirlwind. The funny thing is, the first 9 or 10 months didn't seem that crazy. We started the year on a boat between Hawaii and California. Just like the difference between that and sitting on a couch in Spooner, WI (the temperature with the wind chill was -37 last night are so different from one another, I feel like our lives are completely different. I don't work anymore (as far as official employment goes) Chris is an official Physical Therapist, we are no longer childless, we live in a different house in a different state, Chris has a new job, and a new calling (more to come on that later) and we even have a new car! I think it is funny that just in September we talked about how we would stay in that house for at least two more years. At that point, the thought of moving to a new house wasn't even on our radar. If we only knew! We have been blessed so much! Even if I have to keep a blog of the things I am thankful for to remember that this is a blessing. Then again, what blessing doesn't come with trials? Anyway, I am excited to see what 2015 has in store. Another baby, maybe? TOTALLY KIDDING!! Seriously, though, as much as I have loved 2014, I am looking forward to a little less eventful, but still fun, 2015. 
Well, the last day of the year was nothing out-of-the-ordinary, but that isn't a bad thing! Here are some good things. 
1. Nixon is still sleeping in his pack n play. Last night he didn't sleep a long stretch like he has the past few nights, but the 3 hour blocks I get to sleep are much more comfortable when I don't have to be uncomfortable or risk waking him up. 
2. We made a list of 5 meals for the next week and got all of the things we would need for it in Rice Lake today. I am excited to hopefully have a whole week where I don't have to run to the grocery store! Now if only I had a fountain here so I didn't have to run to the gas station for my beverages!
3. I got new pants! 

Yesterday, since I didn't write, a big positive was getting the bathroom paint finished! My New Years resolution is to post bathroom pictures and pictures from Christmas. For now, this one will have to suffice. I love watching Nixon try to suck on his hand. He is extremely uncoordinated and can't find his mouth most of the time but every once in a while he does!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on Rube-ster

Ruby's Surgery

What do I believe?