Back to the Blog


I took a little recess from the blog while my mom was here. We had so much fun! We went up to Duluth one day, worked on Nixon's baby book, reupholstered a window seat cover, played lots of Sudoku matches, went to scrapbook and thrift stores, watched some good Ellen and Dr. Phil, and had some great talks! I took her back to Minneapolis yesterday and that was hard. I wasn't as scared for her to leave, but, holy cow, driving away about killed me. Literally. I think I started having an anxiety attack on the freeway. My heart was racing and I felt completely lightheaded to the point that I felt like I might pass out. I got really nervous so I pulled off the closest exit, which ended up being a weigh station. I just drove very slowly through it until I felt like I would be ok. After that, I just couldn't think about her leaving or the idea of turning around and getting on the next flight home. Those thoughts would get my heart going again. Fortunately, Nixon was a trooper there and back. When I finally got home, I took an anxiety pill to calm the nerves. It made me so tired. I think Nix got some of the effects too, cause he slept from 9-4:30. What's even more amazing is that he ate at 7:30. That means he went nine hours between feedings! I needed that sleep so much, so that was a huge blessing!! 
Well, I guess it is time for me to get back to my positives!
1. I am so glad my mom came back. The past month has gone pretty slowly. Being home alone with Baby Nix all day is rewarding but hard. This past week having her here flew by! I so look forward to her visits. She just makes me happy when she is around!
2. We got our room painted today! The color is a little different than we were planning, but I like it much better than what we had and it won't be too hard to make it work with he new bedding we got.
3. I finished reading Unbroken. Wow, talk about a tough life. That book makes me so grateful for what I have. Loved it!
4. Nixon is starting to laugh! It has only happened a couple times and fortunately my mom got to hear it before she left but it is so dang cute! 
Here are a few pictures to make up for lost time. 
Mom and Nix at Bubba Gumps
Watching the Bachelor
Nix doesn't quite fit in this yet but he doesn't seem to mind either
One more picture before the tearful goodbyes. 
Dad thought it would be fun to paint Baby Nix
It's fun to see him playing with toys
Done painting!
My painting battle wound. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on Rube-ster

Ruby's Surgery

What do I believe?