Brrr!

UHoly cow, it's freezing cold here!! It hasn't gotten out of negative temperatures this week, and with the windchill it is usually between -20 and -40. That is cold!! I can't wait until it gets warm enough to go outside. 
Nixon has had a little bit of a rough couple of days. He spits up like crazy. I feel like he is spitting up a good portion of what he eats. I think it frustrates me so much because I feel like it's my fault. I feel like it's something I am eating or drinking. So I go without chocolate or caffeine or onions. Nothing helps though. We had his 2 month check up today and since he is gaining weight they said we should just keep an eye on it. He is still happy for the most part. 
Last night he was trying to kill me I think. He woke up once an hour from midnight to six. At six Chris could tell I was at my wits end so he took him and gave him a bottle. They were up until 7:30. After that he slept until 9:30, which was so kind of him. 
Finally, today, like I mentioned, was his two month check up. He got 3 shots, which about made me bawl. He cried so hard but then seemed to be doing ok. Then, after a nap, he woke up screaming. He wouldn't eat and we couldn't get him to calm down until we put the heating pad on him and made him a bottle. He took another nap and has seemed better since then. 
Ok, enough of the negatives, we have had so many positive things happen too!
1. I am using my new iPhone 6 to write this!!
2. Nixon is 90 percentile for weight and 75 percentil for height. Healthy baby!
3. I'm so thankful for a working washing machine. With all the spit up, I've been doing a lot of laundry!
4. The doctor was great today! 
5. The bachelor is back on. It's the small things sometimes. 
6. Finally, I am so thankful Heavenly Father knows me better than I know myself. I have been following a couple on FaceBook that just had quadruplets. It has made me think about how badly I wanted multiples before Nixon came along. I prayed that we could at least have twins. I now understand why that prayer wasn't answered. I love Nixon to pieces but this kid is a lot of work and takes a lot of my patience. I couldn't have handled more than one! That is just one example of when what I want has been replaced with what He knows I need. 
Here is a post-bath picture of baby nix with his battle wounds from the doctor 

And another one cause he's cute. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on Rube-ster

Ruby's Surgery

What do I believe?