We are still alive!

Wow, has it really been 8 months since my last post!  I can't believe it!  My "little" guy is getting so big!   He started army crawling around June and then suddenly in August decided to really crawl, and then walk a couple days later!  And HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT!! (no, I am not pregnant) He is sleeping through the night and has been for a few months now!  It is so nice!  He still has his nights where he wakes up, but it is usually just a matter of changing his diaper and he goes right back to sleep.  We put him down at about 7:30 and we usually have to wake him up to go to "Grandma Laura's" at 7.
    That' another thing that has changed since I last wrote.  I have started teaching again.  I am teaching 5th grade math and science at Spooner Middle School. I love the ladies I work with and the kids are pretty sweet!  The district has its share of problems, but every district does.  Working definitely makes time fly by super fast!
    Another exciting change coming soon is that my dad has been called to be a mission president and will be leaving in June.  It is a three year calling and they will be overseas speaking a different language.  It was quite a shock at first, but as I have been able to process it and research the area they will be serving I am really excited for them!  They will be excellent mission presidents and the missionaries in their area don't know how lucky they are to have them there!
    In June, we had Chris's whole family here for a week and that was a blast!  It was fun to see all of them and show them where we are calling home for now!  It was nice of them to make time to get here all at the same time!  It meant a lot to us that they were willing to do that!
    In July we went back home for a week, then had my parents out in August, then Bryan and Carrie and Chris's mom in September, and Chris's dad and Peggy in October.  We have felt pretty spoiled and loved with all of our visitors!  It gives us something to look forward to!  My parents are coming back this week and Brett and Abby will get up here for Thanksgiving, and when they leave we will start counting the days until we head home for Christmas.
    I mentioned "Grandma Laura" earlier.  Laura Kildow is in our branch here and watched Nixon for a few days before I went back to work full time.  She, her husband Brad, and Nixon formed such a sweet bond those days that when she offered to watch him full time when I went back to work I had to say yes!  He loves them and we do too!  We feel pretty lucky to have people we trust so much helping us raise our little man!
   Chris is still enjoying his work at the hospital.  The new hospital opens in May, so that will be a lot of fun to see when it is all finished!  He found time a couple days to go golfing over the summer, but not nearly as much as he would have liked.  Now he is in full-blown football season and has loved (most of the time) watching the Utes have a (mostly) great year (although I know he would have loved watching from Rice Eccles Stadium even more!).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on Rube-ster

Ruby's Surgery

What do I believe?