Catch up


It has been a while since I have posted and I have been wanting to for a while but the longer I have waited, the more there is to write, so the longer it will take. So I put it off. Then there is even more to write about. It's a terrible spiral. Now, as I write this I think to myself "You live in Spooner, Wisconsin. How much is there really to write about?" Good point. Well, I have caught myself getting a little discouraged and down about things and decided it was time I write a new post. 
Just an update, Nixon is getting so big and changing every day. He is rolling from his tummy to his back and laughs all the time. He is getting a pretty good routine down and I have now transitioned him to his crib and today I even took his pillow away since he is looking like he will start rolling from his back to tummy soon. I gave him a pillow a while ago hoping it would help with the spitting up. It didn't but I didn't want to take it away at the time. He still isn't sleeping through the night but he only wakes up once or twice usually, and that is doable. He is so stinking cute. 
Chris is now the ward clerk so we get to go to church at 8 on Sunday's, which means we leave at 7:30. Then he does tithing after so we get home at 1-1:30. I laugh now thinking back to how excited we were that we only had two hours of church here! We are enjoying the branch though and excited to see it grow as it gets warmer! My calling is teaching relief society the fourth Sunday so I am teaching general conference talks. I love that!
The weather here is freezing still! But you can't say that to someone who lived here last year because, without fail, they will respond by telling you this is mild compared to the last two years. I don't care what last year was like, below zero is cold! We are going back to Utah soon and I can't wait to just be able to hold Nix and walk outside. I have honestly had dreams about that and wake up smiling! 
We have found some fun things to do, though. I called the bishop of a ward in Rice Lake and he gave me the name and number of Celeste, a stay-at-home mom of 4 who moved from Idaho over a year ago. We have hung out with them a couple of times and just love them! She told us about car races on Rice Lake so we went out there a couple weeks ago. It was a little crazy driving out on the lake but so fun to see you the cars racing!

Last weekend was the Birkebeiner ski race in Hayward so we went up there for a bit. We got there just in time to see the first finishers go through the finish line. It was so cold but we bundled Nixon up really good and he did great! I don't think he loved it but he didn't cry at all!

We really have had some great times here, I just need to get back to focusing on those instead of dwelling on the difficult ones.  
Here are some other pictures we have taken the past little while. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on Rube-ster

Ruby's Surgery

What do I believe?